Effective internal communications is at the foundation of any strong, successful business. There are a myriad of benefits to the overall business as well as individual employees, management, and company owners, such as:
- Build more engaged, involved leaders:
- Leaders who are in frequent communication with their employees have better insight into the work those employees are doing, as well as their ideas and concerns.
- Motivate and inspire employees with confidence:
- Effective internal communications support a continuous feedback loop so employees can get quick answers to questions and quick reactions to work to keep projects moving. The availability of feedback and open lines of communication show them they are valued.
- Open lines of communication give employees more of a voice and make them feel more comfortable contributing to the overall conversation, which can increase engagement, productivity, and retention.
- Facilitate swifter responses:
- Especially in the event of an emergency or problem, it’s important to give employees a quick way to communicate and share information.
- Inter-office messaging provides a clear structure and process for sharing information, which makes it easier for everyone to stay up-to-date on projects so they can respond quickly when needed.
RB Retail and Service Solutions offers Pool and Spa as well as Chimney and Hearth POS solutions with employee communication software built in. Promoting superior employee communications is a significant benefit of their overall solution.
Inter-office messaging reduces the frequency of meetings and emails while keeping employees up-to-date on projects, because communication with colleagues and managers is only a click away. It can make informing employees of company information and procedural changes much easier. Inter-office messages can happen between groups of people or one-on-one, and instantly connects employees at various locations and in the field.
RB’s employee communication software also allows you to send automatic email notifications, including price updates, notifications to Accounts Payable for refund checks, follow-up call results, and when special order items have been added to inventory.
A time clock like RB’s helps employees stay on task — every time they sign in, they get automatic notifications of unread messages and unfinished follow-up calls. This feature also helps managers and owners stay in control of overtime hours by proactively monitoring time sheets.
The automatic logging of time sheets with QuickBooks integration supports more accurate payroll bookkeeping and can make scheduling of jobs easier, as well. Logging helps you build up a history of time spent on jobs, which you can analyze regularly to judge average times spent. This time clock history helps you offer customers more accurate estimates and billing.
Customer call tracking is built into RB’s employee communication software, so it’s easy to keep outstanding requests moving toward completion and make sure customers are getting the service they expect. If a call comes in for an employee who is out in the field, you can easily forward the message with the customer’s name and phone number automatically populated. The recipient has the option to complete the call or transfer it to another employee. You can also create a follow-up call in the sale, sales order, or customer screens with the click of a button.
The flagged messages feature that comes with RB’s employee communication software is a useful tool for ensuring all boxes are checked with a customer before they leave, alerting sales staff immediately at the time of sale if there are any unchecked items that need to be completed — for example, an NSF check notification or a missing contract signature.